In this post I will show how to create a
simple virus that disables/blocks the USB ports on the computer (PC).
As usual I use my favorite C programming language to create this virus.
Anyone with a basic knowledge of C language should be able to understand
the working of this virus program.
Once this virus is executed it
will immediately disable all the USB ports on the computer. As a result
the you’ll will not be able to use your pen drive or any other USB
peripheral on the computer. The source code for this virus is available
for download. You can test this virus on your own computer without any
worries since I have also given a program to re-enable all the USB
1. Download the USB_Block.rar file on to your computer.
2. It contains the following 4 files.
- block_usb.c (source code)
- unblock_usb.c (source code)
3. You need to compile them before you can run it. A step-by-step procedure to compile C programs is given in my post - How to Compile C Programs.
3. Upon compilation of block_usb.c you get block_usb.exe which is a simple virus that will block (disable) all the USB ports on the computer upon execution (double click).
4. To test this virus, just run the block_usb.exe file
and insert a USB pen drive (thumb drive). Now you can see that your pen
drive will never get detected. To re-enable the USB ports just run the unblock_usb.exe (you need to compile unblock_usb.c) file. Now insert the pen drive and it should get detected.
5. You can also change the icon of
this file to make it look like a legitimate program. For more details
on this refer my post – How to Change the ICON of an EXE file (This step is also optional).